The project's presentation
The I*EARN "Me and my pet" project started in 1998. My students,
who love to tell storie about their pets, gave me this ideea. At the
beginning I planed it like an one year project, but after three years
it is still considered interesting by the "pets lovers".
This web site presents the wonderful "pet-stories" sent by
children from all over the world in the last two school years. I hope,
that you, the visitors of this site, will enjoy to read them and if
you find them interesting join us at email@example.com ! The
project is still continuing!:)
Florina Serbu-history teacher
"Me and my pet" project coordinator
1) Name of Project: Me and my pet
2) Brief one-sentence description of project: Students will write
about their pets. If possible they will send photos or draws with their
3) Full description of project:
Students can follow the next structure in their stories:
What kind of pet they have got? What's it's name? Why did they choose
that pet? When did it come in their family? Is the communication with
the pet possible? How? What does it eat? Who feeds it? What kind of
food does it prefer? Where does it sleep? Does it like to play? Has
it been sick? Write a happy and a sad event of it's life.
4) Age/level of project participants: 9-15 years
5) Timetable for the 1999-2000/2000-2001 school years:proposed
ending date: June 1,2002
6) Expected outcomes/products: A web site "Me and my pet"
(second part) and a newspaper.
7) Project contribution to others and the planet: To make the
young generation to feel friendly with animals.
8) Project language(s): English, Romanian, French, German
9) Curriculum area: interdisciplinary
10) Name of facilitator(s):
Florina Serbu-history teacher, Eforie Nord School, Romania
11) Email of facilitator(s): firstname.lastname@example.org
12) I*EARN forum/newsgroup where it will take place or is taking
place: Me and My Pet (iearn.animals)
| The Project | Discusiions|
Participants | Photo Album
Last updated October 2001 | For more information contact Florina